Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The "Luck" Of The Mountaineers

Bill Stewart
What is it about family feuds and West Virginia? This one involving the Stewarts (WVU head coach Bill and his wife), the Holgorsen's (WVU head coach in waiting Dana) is proving to be a damn good soap oprea.

There is even spectulation that West Virginia athletic director Oliver Luck could just wipe the slate clean and get rid of Bill Stewart and Dana Holgorsen and bring back RichRod.

Read the CBSSports.com story RIGHT HERE

Tuesday West Virginia A.D. Oliver Luck released this statement regarding the whole mess within the Mountaineer football program.

“There have been various reports, much speculation, and rumor around our football program and coaches. But I want to make it clear that I consider these to be personnel matters and while I take them very seriously, I am dealing with them internally and privately – and I will not discuss them publically.

“What I will say is that our athletic department coaches and staff are clear that their focus is on the program, the team and a successful season.

“My expectations of all our coaches and staff have not wavered; that is to run a clean and honest program with the utmost integrity and professionalism. Anything less is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.”

No comments: