Sunday, May 9, 2010

Cushing Disagrees With Suspension, Still Suspended Anyway

((HT: MyFoxHouston))

FOSG Mark Berman caught up with Houston Texans LB Brian Cushing.
Safe to say, he's not to pleased about the decision... he issued his displeasure through his agent, Tom Condon...

"I was substance-tested randomly by the NFL during the 2009 season," Cushing wrote in his statement.

"The results of those tests indicated the presence of a non-steroidal banned substance. The league acted to suspend me based on those results, which I challenged in my appeal of the suspension," Cushing wrote in his statement.

"I believe we presented compelling evidence during the appeal process to challenge the test results, and I disagree with and am disappointed by the suspension.

"Bound by the decision of the league, I regret the situation it presents to the Texans' organization, my teammates and our fans. My dedication to a championship season in 2010 continues undeterred."


Cushing gets to participate in Texans training camp and all 2010 preseason games, but he will miss the Texans' first four regular season games because of the PED charge from the National Football League.

No comments: