Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Did Marc Savard Take A Bite Out Of Dan Carcillo...?

Carcillo thinks so...

In Game One of the series, Marc Savard made a bit of a triumphant return to the ice after taking care of a Grade 2 concussion. In a scrum in the corner, Carcillo made a bit of a run at number 91 and finished the group gathering by reaching for Savard's throat...

A lot of people, the HQ included, thought Carcillo's move wasn't cool and hope it was a work and not a genuine disregard for the Code.

In Game 2, the second period had another scrum where Carcillo ended up paired up with Savard again. Carcillo claims that, in the pile, Savard bit him. Carcillo made a point ot yell at any official that "he (Savard) bit my hand."

James Murphy of NESN caught up with Savard after Game 2:

"He pummeled my face, pulled on my teeth, so I guess that’s biting when a guy tries to pull your teeth out like [he did]," Savard claimed. "I don’t know. I don’t see how that is biting. Yeah, I mean, he embellishes stuff. Obviously, under the pile, you try to pull out my front teeth, so if that’s a bite then I don’t know what to say."

But Savard said more and took a shot at Carcillo’s rather scattered dental situation.
"I don’t know if you want to look like him, but he pulled on them."


Here's Carcillo's take, thanks to mpetraglia1975

No comments: