Saturday, November 20, 2010

Pat Burns Passes At 58

((HT: Youtube/TVA))

After a six-year battle with cancer, Pat Burns was lost to us at the age of 58.

In this age of getting it first-damned if it's right, a lot of folks had him written off two months ago. He made a point to get in touch with TSN's Bob McKenzie...

“Here we go again," Mr. Burns said. "They're trying to kill me before I'm dead. I come to Quebec to spend some time with my family and they say I'm dead. I'm not dead, far [expletive] from it. They've had me dead since June.

"Tell them I'm alive. Set them straight."


Burns was the only coach to win the Jack Adams Trophy three times with three different teams.

The Globe and Mail's David Shoalts has a must-read on his life here...

Here's French-Canadian coverage of the passing from Sophie Thibault and the cast at TVA... yes, it's in French... deal with it...

Sophie Thibault anchors coverage with reaction from Patrick Roy and Bob Hartley

No comments: