Thursday, February 10, 2011

Kyrie Irving Staying Strong Through Injury


[HT: goduke.com]

Imagine if Duke's Kyrie Irving didn't injure his toe in the Butler game on December 4th, 2010, would he be the odds on favorite for national player of the year?

Heck Duke might be up there with Ohio State as undefeated teams in college basketball.

"I'm not going to sugar coat it," Irving told Michael Tomko of GoDuke.com. "It has been really tough, just seeing my teammates getting ready for games in the layup line and just the ball being tipped. I miss that feeling being out in Cameron and playing away games and big time games on ESPN."

Instead Irving has become a cheerleader on the bench and embracing that role.

"I am the best cheerleader there is," Irving said. "I still get excited like I'm on the court when my teammates do something really exciting."

You can read Tomko's article in GoDuke.com by clicking on the link below.
http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=22724&SPID=1845&DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=205089945

Plus here's a great feature put together by GoDuke.com. (Thanks GoDuke.com)



Photo Courtesy: AP

No comments: