Thursday, June 17, 2010

Texas A&M AD Bill Byrne Wants To Kick Someone's A&$

[HT: Dallas Morning News]

Texas A&M athletic director Bill Byrne has vented a lot this week following the whole "save the Big 12" negotiation that ended with the Aggies staying put and not joining the SEC.

If anything the Aggie Nation appears fractured. Byrne received a expletive e-mail from a former Texas A&M student who wondered if he had a certain appendage in his mouth in the backside of Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds. Byrne called him back, got his voicemail and left this:

(Thanks YouTube.com)




Byrne did regret leaving that voice mail in a third statement released by Texas A&M.

Statement Three: You are DeLoss Dodds' lapdog and things worse, actually much worse.

After reading over 200 similar e-mails the other night, I finally had one set me off and I called the writer. I'm a very competitive person and like many of you, I was raised not to back down when challenged. I've also got a bit of an Irish temper which came across in my voicemail. I regretted what I said as soon as I hung up. I should have been above that, and I made a mistake. For those of you who were offended by my response, I apologize, and I assure you that it will not happen again.

Click on the link below to read the entire statement by Byrne. It's a good read.
http://www.aggieathletics.com/genrel/061610aaa.html

No comments: