Monday, June 13, 2011

Leonard Pope Comes Up Big Off The Field

((HT: Americus Times-Recorder))

University of Georgia fans know about how Leonard Pope became "Big Pope..."
But the HQ figured we'd talk about life off the field...

Everyone knows about his desire to help in his home town of Americus, in southwest Georgia, like his efforts at Sumter Regional Hospital after the hospital was hit by a tornado a few years ago...
((HT: TheImageCompany))


Now, the story comes through that Pope has come up big again- saving a six-year-old from drowning...

The Times-Recorder tells us that Pope dove into a pool at a party over the weekend and saved Bryson Moore from drowning.

“My prayers were answered by God when Leonard jumped in and saved my son,” said Moore. “The fact that he is normally at camp and could have been in Kansas City just proved to me that he was placed here to save my son from drowning, and I thank God that he was here. He truly lived up to his nickname “Champ” because he was truly a champion for me and my son this past weekend.”

Pope is not answering any calls to respond on the matter, and it looks like Bryson will be okay...

Way to go, Big Pope...

No comments: