Friday, March 11, 2011

Montreal Police Investigating Chara Hit

Police in Quebce province say they are acting on a request by Quebec's director of criminal and penal prosecutions, Louis Dionne. After evidence is collected, it will be determined if there are grounds for prosecution, they said.

The HQ really doesn't know just how much more evidence is required than this...
((HT: NESN/Hockeyfightsdotcom))


But Pacioretty said he doesn't want Chara prosecuted.

"I sincerely appreciate all of the support that I have received since my injury," he said in a statement. "I was disappointed that the NHL did not suspend Zdeno Chara. However, I have no desire for him to be prosecuted legally. I feel that the incident, as ugly as it was, was part of a hockey game.

"I understand that this is not my decision. I have respect and admiration for the authorities in Quebec. I simply wanted to make my opinion clear."


What Pacioretty is saying is the nature of the sport, but the HQ is still stunned that Chara got no suspension out of the deal...

And the Canadiens ownership is still pissed...

No comments: