Sunday, July 18, 2010

Edwards-Keselowski Rivalry Continues At Gateway

We all remember Atlanta and the Nationwide Series... actually, this started all the way back at Talladega when Edwards went airborne in one of the mastiest crashes in the modern era.

Gateway was another notch in this rivalry's belt...

Keselowski gets in to Edwards in Turn 1 of the final lap, and Edwards takes Keselowski out for the win. Spinning wounded, Keselowski was T-boned just short of the Start-Finish and ended up 14th...

"I just couldn't let him take the win from me," said Edwards. "We had a great restart. My guys built me a great car. We came to the checkered flag, and I hate to see stuff tore up, but we came here to win and he took it from us there in Turn 1. Just an awesome race. ... I'm sure some of them don't like that win -- Brad Keselowski fans and stuff -- but, man, I just couldn't let him take it from me. I had to do what I had to do."

Expect another tour of the Big Red Truck...
Here's the last lap and the money quote from Brad's dad...
((HT: XERB1090/BumpsNotes/ESPN/NASCAR))


The HQ knows this is far from over...

No comments: