Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Azarenka Collapses At US Open, Diagnosed With Concussion

((HT: Tennis Channel/USTA/DownTheLine58))

When this event initially happened at the US Open earlier today, the early diagnosis seemed to be heat related...

Victoria Azarenka collapsed on court during her first round match with Argentine Gisela Dulko. She was down 5-1 at the time...


Azarenka has since released a statement...

"I was warming up in the gym prior to my match against Gisela Dulko. I fell while running a sprint. I fell forward and hit my arm and head. I was checked by the medical team before I went on court and they were courtside for monitoring. I felt worse as the match went on, having a headache and feeling dizzy. I also started having trouble seeing and felt weak before I fell. I was taken to the hospital for some medical tests and have been diagnosed with a mild concussion."

No comments: