Monday, July 5, 2010

DEVELOPING STORY: Damon Evans Statement From UGA, Family Splitting...?

From the University of Georgia their own selves...

Here is the final apology from Damon Evans over the events of the last week as his resignation was accepted and addressed by the University this morning...

“I would like to once again offer my sincerest apology to the University of Georgia people—the president and administration, athletic staff and coaches, fans and supporters, and especially the student-athletes. It had been my hope since taking the job in 2004 that I would have a long career at UGA. But because of a serious mistake in judgment, that won’t be the case and I understand that I have a long road to rebuilding my reputation and career. I do want to thank all those who have supported me and the Athletic Association over the past six years and would encourage all those in our Association to remember that they are there for the student-athletes. Keep them first and foremost in everything you do. God bless and ‘Go Dawgs.’”

PM UPDATE: OSG Sources close to the situation in Athens have told us the following: Damon Evans and his family have moved to Boston permanently. They are in the process of putting their home in suburban Athens up for sale.

The HQ is also not to be surprised if Damon's wife, Kerri, is in the process of filing for separation.

More when we know more...

No comments: