Sunday, July 4, 2010

Tour de France Crashes In Belgium's First Stage

Alessandro Petacchi of Team Lampre won the stage that ended in Brussels today, but the story was all the crashes that took out some contenders from stage wins.

Here's your quick look at all of them...
((HT: TdF/France2/teamrunski))


Fabian Cancellara, the Swiss who won Saturday's prologue, retains the yellow jersey and seven-time Tour champion Lance Armstrong remains fourth, 22 seconds back.

Alberto Contador, the 2009 champion, was sixth, 27 seconds behind.

"It was really nervous today, and at the end it was just insane," Cancellara said. "At the end, I couldn't do anything. I was also in the chaos. I hit the ground pretty hard. ... Tomorrow I will feel the asphalt that I found at the end."

Stage 2 is 125 miles tomorrow from Brussels to Spa...

No comments: