Monday, November 8, 2010

UPDATING: Wade Phillips Is Still Fired

((HT: WFAA-TV))

Wade Phillips spoke, in paper form, after his dismissal Monday afternoon...

“I would like to express my sincere appreciation to the fans of the Cowboys and to the entire Jones family for all of the support that we received here in Dallas. I would also like to thank our coaches and players for their loyalty and dedication.

“I told the team today that I have been proud to be a part of their family, and that will never change. I have enjoyed the privilege and responsibility of representing this franchise as its head coach.

“I am disappointed in the results of this season to this point, but I am also very proud of what our team and our players accomplished in the previous three years. In good times and difficult times, our players stuck together and never lost hold of their belief in each other and the strong team bond that they have shared. Family and coaching football have always defined my life and I will always be grateful for my experiences here with the Dallas Cowboys.”


Jerry Jones held a 5:00 eastern time press conference on Monday afternoon at Valley Ranch...

"Obviously, this is a very difficult decision for me, our team and our organization," Jerry Jones said. "We're grateful to Wade and his contributions to the Cowboys leading us to two division titles in his first three seasons with the club. We're not where we want to be at this time, and that's an understatement."

"An in-season coaching change is something that I've not done before; it's something that I was reluctant to even consider as late as this past week," Jones added. "But at this time, I believe in what's the best interest of the organization and the fans is a coaching change."

Dale Hansen and Joe Trahan discuss...

No comments: